Euphemisms for "Library"
I don't know why one should need a euphemism for "library", but here are several:
- Knowledge Centre (University of Oxford)
- Information Cafe (University of Oxford)
- Reading Room (University of Oxford)
- Discovery Den (an Oxfordshire primary school)
- Learning Grid (University of Warwick)
- Learning Resources Centre (University of Hertfordshire)
- Discovery Centre (Winchester)
- Information Shop (London)
- Learning Information Network Centre (Tasmania)
And here are some job titles for the people who work there:
Please let us know of any other coyly pseudonymous libraries you come across.
Compiled by Richard Stevens and Ellie Clewlow.